Friday, October 15, 2010

Crooked path of motherhood

I was a really good mother ( teacher) before I had a child of my own.  Since she arrived I have endured accusations of maternal crimes, have suffered the minor calamities of broken bones ( read heart ) and unexpected moments as well as occasional moments of grace.But I have to be happy or else what my child will grow up to be? I ask myself.


Don't do it like this, UHHH you dunno know, Haven't we raised our children?, are common phrases now.
I am bombarded...   What can I say or rather what and how should I say?  Nothing. The thought keeps lingering until I see my darling.I just feel my way and know intuitively what the next move should be.  My child is happy; she's learning and growing.


She loves me and feel safe with me and in spite of being an apparent serial offender when it comes to making mothering mistakes I feel safe with her too. She's a part of me and is sharing my path with me - I am blessed.   I am trying to be a watchful parent while in the trenches of daily experiences I never imagined how daunting a task it would be before I became a mother.


I am becoming aware and I am indeed grateful to walk the crooked path of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment